Monday, January 17, 2011

More Media Hilarity



So late last week, I get in my car and am pulling out of my driveway my radio happened to be on a local news station. Once again like the football quote, I don't know the context.

The newscaster is talking and says something to the effect of "Mr (unknown) says that we are in an unusual situation."  Cut to audio clip of Mr (unknown):  "We are in an unusual situation."

Really?  That is the news reporting you are going with?  I was laughing so hard that I had to stop for like 5 minutes.  It was completely ridiculous.  It was like a line straight out of Airplane!, The Naked Gun movies, or maybe even The Simpsons.  I almost expected to hear:
"You're on the Radio..."
"The Radio? What is it?"
"It's a form of communication through the transmission of signals by modulation of electromagnetic waves....but that's not important right now."


IPR, I really expected better...but you made my day.  Thanks.

No comments: