- If they have a good (and affordable) comic book subscription service, it is probably worth it to me...this is the killer app on the iPad for me. Amazon just had to show a picture of The Watchmen didn't they.
- I don't know how much I will actually use it for reading e-books. The standard Kindle's e-ink is so nice to read, that I don't think I could easily switch to a backlit screen again. I guess it will be good to read in the dark though.
- Streaming movies from Amazon looks easy...especially if you are a Prime subscriber (and the new 20th Century Fox content agreement).
- It is at a very nice price point for a tablet computer.
- Looking forward to seeing all the Android apps that work on it.
- Looks to have much better music controls, so could actually be used for audiobooks and mp3s.
- Kinda kills all the arguments for a Nook.
- My experience with my regular Kindle makes me really curious to see how this performs.
- Looks like a lot of distractions to keep me from reading.
- I suppose the next Kindle iteration will be called BlazeTM (or something else equally bad).
- I'll probably get one, but don't feel the need to be a first adopter.
Thursday, September 29, 2011
A couple thoughts on the newly announced Kindle Fire, Full Color 7" Multi-touch Display, Wi-Fi. These are just very quick first impressions without really digging into any details or facts about the thing.