- Vampire Puppets (or Puppet Vampires - I haven't decided which is more correct) - check
- Bitchy Robot Secretaries - check
- Evil Succubi posing as fashion models - check
- Fish Zombies - check
- Hooters type restaurant with a pirate theme called The Booty Chest - check
- Inside jokes repeated from episode to episode - check
- Running jokes throughout the episode - check
- Off the wall sense of humor - check
It is just a well written show. Some of my favorite bits -
- The Middleman and Wendy meet a pancake house, it is called The Batter of the Bulge. Where you can get Panzercakes and Luftwaffles. Plus bulge is just funny because if you eat there too often that is what you will start to do.
- Wendy's neighbor, Noser, is a talented musician that supposedly knows every song. During a party they play "Stump the Musician" and the audience yells out song names. Holding his guitar, Noser gives a thoughtful look, nods, and goes "Yep, I know it." and they move on to the next song...which again is a "Yep, I know it." Doesn't play a note the whole night but everyone is impressed with his musical knowledge.
- Vlad Tempes soul stuck in a puppet named Little Vladdy.
- Every time they go to Wendy's apartment it always says something like "Illegal sublet that Wendy shares with another young photogenic artist"
There are many, many more...it kind of reminds me of The Simpson's when it first came out with all these great inside gags and references to pop culture, as well as, history. It is not the tired and obvious jokes of the likes of Two and Half Men or Will and Grace. It is fun and funny and sometimes makes you think a little before you get the joke. Check it out on Monday nights at 9pm central. I don't think you will be disappointed (unless you have no soul or take everything too seriously - in which case you are beyond my help).
And no, I did not get paid anything or given any kind of kickback for writing this (although a lapdance from Wendy (Natalie Morales) would not be turned down...OK I'd settle for a night of watching a movie and eating mini-corn dogs with her. I just happen to like the show.