Friday, May 7, 2010

Derby Dames Are Go



Tomorrow (Saturday) is the first chance that I will have to check out the other roller derby team in town, the Des Moines Derby Dames.  I have seen the Mid-Iowa Rollers many times but due to scheduling conflicts I have not been able to attend a Dames bout.  I am excited to see how it compares - both action-wise and show-wise.

I feel a little conflicted however because the Dames are skating against the Muddy River Nightmares from Clinton.  The same team that the MIRs skated against at the last bout I attended.  So, I am attending my second roller derby bout of the season with different home teams but the same opponent.  Maybe the Muddy River Nightmares should become my new home team?  I must admit that I am looking forward to seeing #666's awesome mohawk again...all though the whole punk attitude of 'Fuck the World' is really boring to me, I must admit to really enjoying their hairstyles.

Des Moines Derby Dames Roller Derby
7PM Saturday May 8th, 2010
7 Flags Events Center, Clive IA

If you are there, stop by and say hi.

No comments: