Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ape Puppets and Big Schlongs

I don't watch MTV.  Besides flipping past hoping for some videos, I have maybe watched an few hours worth of MTV in the past couple years.  Jersey Shore - sounds horrible, so I never watched.  16 and Pregnant - although I like the idea of slutty teens, knocked up teens really not a turn on.  True Life - bleh.  My Super Sweet 16 - why would I want to watch something about spoiled rich kids. Etc...  Flipping to MTV makes me feel like Bowman in 2001: A Space Oddity -  "The thing's hollow -  it goes on forever - and - oh my God - it's full of Shit"

However, when I was flipping past this last weekend I happened to catch a commercial with Warren the Ape.  Warren the Ape from the awesome show "Greg the Bunny."  Warren Demontague - the drug addicted, gun toting, helmet wearing ape puppet.  You may know that I am a sucker for muppets and puppets...so obviously I was already in.  The commercial talked about Warren's new show coming coming next Monday (June 14th) - right after the show about the kid with the big schlong.  I don't know if you can imagine an ape puppet saying schlong out of the blue, but let me tell you that it is awesome.  I can't wait to see the Warren show.  I hope Count Blah and Tardy the Turtle make a guest appearances.


The show about the kid with the big schlong happened to be The Hard Times of RJ Berger.  It happened to be premiering the following night, so I decided that since they were giving a show to Warren a show that MTV might actually be onto something that I like.  I went in with low expectations and found it to be pretty darn good. The idea almost seems generic at first - the dorky loser and his chubby friend each in love with the various high school hotties, but both invisible to everyone except to get picked on by the jocks.  Typical high school drama...until RJ is accidentally depantsed in front of the crowd at a basketball game.  The losers' fortunes start to change when everyone realizes that RJ has an extremely large penis.


Obviously, sophomoric humor - dick, fart, and sex jokes abound.  A lot raunchier than I would have expected, almost like watching a TV version of the American Pie movies.  I am not always in the mood for this type of thing but at the right time it is pure gold.  I would suggest checking out episode one which I am sure is being re-run over and over on MTV all week.

The Chubby Kid, the Slutty Free-Spirit Girl, the Lovable Dork, the Hot Girl, and Hot Girl's Jock Boyfriend

No comments: