Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wisconsin Death Trip



I Survived. Successfully infiltrating the inner circle of the GF-Unit's family. I gained their confidence and walked confidently through their midst without raising any suspicions.


All kidding aside, I actually had a pretty wonderful time at the GF-Unit's Family Reunion (The Johnstad Family Reunion 2008). See me on the right? (Duh, LEFT...Thanks to CT for pointing out that I am an idiot) It all took place in a small Wisconsin town called Whitehall. They rented a fabulous park for the weekend for everyone to gather, have fun, and camp (if they wanted). The park had sand volleyball, tennis courts, baseball field, a pool with a water slide, and a golf course connected. I didn't do as much as I would have liked because I wasn't expecting that type of thing so came ill-prepared.


We camped - it was the first time in several years that I had been camping and I enjoyed it quite a bit...I wish there had been a closer fire pit to cook HDs and S'mores, but it all worked out in the end. I got to meet some of the family, had some good food, listened to some music, had a water balloon fight, and just hung out. I enjoyed their family auction (to help pay for next year's reunion) although I was disappointed not to win the Blongo/Ladderball/Hillbilly Golf set. But one of the GF-Unit's aunts was dead set on having it. Oh well.


My favorite person at the reunion (besides GF-Unit), was Charlie. He was a wiener dog....a tweenie (not a full size but not miniature either) and was wire-haired. He was adorable. Running around always looking for food (the wiener dog way!). Unfortunately, he was also pretty shy so I didn't get to hug him, and squeeze him, and call him George like I wanted to. I did get to pet him a few quick times before he scampered away though. Charlie, I know my dogs would have hated you at first...but I wanted to dognap you very badly.



Photos in this post are copyright Jessica Kreutzfeldt (aka GF-Unit)...She is a really good photographer if you happen to need one.

1 comment:

Cameron Ted said...

Those are fun pictures.. I really need to get my cannon back out. too nice a camera and lens to keep locked up.

BTW love the red arrow. I missed it the first time.